Women in Mining Canada is pleased to invite nominations for the Women in Mining Canada Trailblazer Award, 2022.
All nominations are due by January 21st, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.
Candidates can either be nominated or self-nominate for the Award. Nominees must be women and must be Canadian citizens or Canadian permanent residents at the time of their accomplishments. Nominators and Nominees do not need to be a member of Women in Mining Canada or a member of a regional Women in Mining Chapter; however, they are encouraged to become a member through the Women in Mining Canada website (wimcanada.org) or regional Women in Mining Chapter websites. Current Women in Mining Canada board members are not eligible, nor are previous winners of the Trailblazer Award. However, winners of other awards in the Trailblazer Awards Series are eligible, provided they meet all other criteria.
Women in Mining Canada envisions an industry that fosters, promotes, and empowers women. The Canadian mining industry currently employs less than equal numbers of women and shows poor growth over time. A Trailblazer embodies the trailblazing spirit, which refers to the leadership mindset needed to make extraordinary personal strides to navigate this industry. Trailblazers are also forward-thinking women, taking experiences of the past and present, and using them to build strategies for the future.
The Nominee will be judged on the following criteria, which should be addressed in the cover letter:
- Particular achievement(s) demonstrating the Nominee’s contribution to the Canadian mining industry
- How the Nominee uses creative, intuitive, and innovative thinking to foster pioneering change
- How the Nominee is empowering other women in the Canadian mining industry, how they have opened doors for themselves and kept them open for other women
- How the Nominee is committed to the continual improvement of belonging and inclusion in the Canadian mining industry
Nominee achievements can be from any Canadian mining industry sector category or area related to the Canadian mining industry, including technical, operational, professional, cultural, administrative, sustainability, etc.
Fill out the present form to submit a Nominee for consideration for the 2022 Women in Mining Canada Trailblazer Award.
Each nomination will include:
- Nominator and Nominee contact information
- Complete resume/CV
- Cover letter describing the Nominee’s achievements and contributions to the Canadian mining industry as described above (max 2 pages)
- Minimum of one and up to three letters of support for the Nominee
Selection of the Women in Mining Canada Trailblazer Award recipient will be made by the Trailblazer Award Selection Committee and will subsequently be approved by the Women in Mining Canada Board of Directors, whose decision will be final. Selection will be based solely on the documentation submitted.
All results will be made public at the end of the month of February 2022, and candidates will be informed accordingly. Recipients and the Awards will be celebrated at the 2022 Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada (PDAC) annual convention.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.