Women in Mining Canada is offering $5,000 Research Grants to Graduate or Post-Doctoral Researchers whose area of study covers topics relating to the experience of women in the mining industry.
For examples and suggestions of research topics, please reference Publications & Research – WIM Canada Members. Applicants do not need to be a member of Women in Mining Canada or a member of a regional Women in Mining Chapter; however, they are encouraged to become a member through the Women in Mining Canada website (wimcanada.org) or regional Women in Mining Chapter websites.
Women in Mining Canada grants will be awarded in the fall of 2023 for use during the upcoming academic year. Grant recipients will receive the grant funds in two payments, one at the commencement of the academic year and another once the final Grant deliverables have been submitted to WIM Canada.
- Graduate or Post-Doctoral Researchers whose area of study covers topics relating to the experience of women in the mining industry
- Priority will be given to candidates that identify as women
- Applicants must be enrolled as full-time students or be registered as a postdoctoral researcher at a Canadian University
- Evidence of institutional support for the proposed research, including letters of support from research supervisor
- The proposed research must be original and have the potential to make significant contributions to the field
- Cover Letter that includes the following information: Your research topic, goals, methods, and outcome up to now. The total length of your cover letter should not exceed 3 pages
- The deadline for submitting the application is June 1, 2023
- A CV or resume for the principal investigator and any other key personnel involved in the research.
- Letters of support from academic or professional references.
Additional Requirements for successful candidates:
The following information may be requested from successful candidates:
- A plan for dissemination of the research results, such as publications or presentations at conferences.
- Compliance with ethical guidelines for research
- A detailed research proposal outlining the proposed project, including objectives, methods, and expected outcomes.
- Webinar presentation (or equivalent) of the research topic that will be curated and shared on the WIM Canada website.
- The qualifications and experience of the principal investigator and research team.
- The potential impact of the proposed research on the field and society.
- The potential for future collaborations and follow-on funding.
- Applicants will submit their proposals via the link above or below.
- Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email that your application is received by us.
- Only those of the candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a WIM Canada Panel
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed on whether or not they have been successful.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email and additional information may be requested from the candidates at this time and will be submitted and reviewed by WIMC prior to Grant award.
- Grants will be awarded and announced on the WIM Canada website and social media channels.
- Initial grant payment will be issued to the Candidate at the beginning of the academic year.
- Second and final grant payment will be issued to the Candidate once the agreed upon deliverables have been received by WIM Canada.